Learn more about Energy Careers:
Average Annual Electrical Engineer Salary: $81,149
Based on national average from PayScale.com. Will vary depending on geographic location.
Learn about and work with technology related to electricity generation, delivery, and use.
Electrical power and energy engineers make a big difference in the world of energy by working to assure that electric energy is generated and delivered reliably and efficiently while advancing environmental quality improvements. They help customers use electric energy to meet their needs economically. Electrical power and energy engineers are also driving the technologies of the future. For example, electric power and energy engineers will make it possible for the greater use of wind, solar, and other new generating technologies.
Electrical Power and Energy Engineer Skills:
- Learn about and work with technology related to electricity generation, delivery, and use.
- Turn the concerns, hopes, and desires of others into clear problem statements that can be solved using technology.
- Work to improve knowledge of and ability to use computers, mathematics, and electric power and energy technologies.
Electrical Power and Energy Engineers also need to:
- Communicate effectively verbally and through writing.
- Have integrity and follow the standards of the company and engineering profession.
- Understand the importance of hard work and have a positive attitude.
- Anticipate what needs to be done and take action.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Identify and solve problems in a systematic way.
Education/Experience Needed:An entry-level engineer needs a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or the equivalent. To view a list of available degree programs in your area, use the Google Map Training Program Locator.
« Back to YOUR ROADMAP